William E. Winter Reading Room
Hours of Operation
8 AM - 4:45 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 4:45 PM
Abela, A. (2008). Advanced presentations by design: Creating communication that drives action.
Chen Design Associates. (2006). Fingerprint : The art of using handmade elements in graphic design.
Reynolds, G. (2010). Presentation zen design : Simple design principles and techniques to enhance your presentations.
Kelly, P. (2010). The 7-slide solution : Telling your business story in 7 slides or less.
Slide, A. (2010). Inside the Hollywood fan magazine : A history of star makers, fabricators, and gossip mongers.
Loacated within the College of Communication and Information Sciences in room 234 Reese Phifer Hall, the William E. Winter Reading Room provides discipline-based library facilities and services to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the College.
The Reading Room maintains a collection of books, periodicals, newspapers, videos, and class reserve materials. Other resources include a computer lab providing internet access and many of the programs used throughout the College, as well as scanners, color printer, color copier, and media viewing room.
- Ready Reference
- non-circulating, frequently used style manuals (APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, and AP) held at the help desk
- Small Meeting Room
- reservations recommended
- Ron Culp Collection
- located at the Plank Center
- Local Catalog
- online catalog available 24/7
- University Libraries
- print and electronic resources, including databases: Expanded Academic Index, EBSCOhost, Lexis-Nexis Academic, Newspaper Source, ProQuest Newspapers, ABI/Inform, ERIC, and many others
- University's Course Reserves
- course reserves maintained by the University
The Reading Room is staffed by student workers under the College Librarian, Ann Bourne.